Strawberry Balsamic Pizza w/ Roasted Chicken, Sweet Onion and Applewood Smoked Bacon
From: The Cafe- Sucre Farine
½ cup strawberry jam or preserves
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon Sriracha Chili Sauce
1 ball pizza dough (I used storebought- don't judge)
1 cup diced chicken breast
½ cup applewood smoked bacon, cut in 1 inch pieces, cooked and drained
½ cup thin sliced sweet onion
12 ounces shredded Italian blend cheese
¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
¼ cup fresh strawberries, diced small
I used more strawberries and cilantro than the recipe called for, because I'm a firm believer that you simply cannot have too much of a good thing.
1. Preheat oven to 450˚F.
2. Place balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 4 to 5 minutes or until reduced to half of the original volume and mixture is thick and syrupy. Add strawberry jam and Sriracha and mix well. Set aside to cool.
3. Pat or roll out pizza dough on a lightly floured surface to approximately a 14" circle, and place on pizza stone, or pan (if you must. If you don't have a pizza stone, you really should get one).
4. Combine chicken with 2 tablespoons of the balsamic-strawberry mixture and mix to coat all chicken with sauce. Pour rest of sauce onto pizza dough and spread to cover. Leave a 1" border all around the edge. Scatter chicken over the sauce.
5. Sprinkle 3/4 of the cheese on top of dough. Scatter bacon and sweet onion over cheese, and then top that layer with the remaining cheese.
6. Place pizza in over, and bake for approximately 8-10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and crust is golden brown.
7. Remove from oven and let cool slightly, 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and fresh diced strawberries.
8. Eat and repeat.